British Interest Group of Wisconsin and Illinois
BIGWILL is an organization of individuals, mostly residing in Wisconsin or Illinois, who are interested in British Isles ancestry and genealogical research in the British Isles.
Our Mission ...
We are dedicated to helping all members trace their ancestry in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands.
We Provide ...
There are lots of benefits of BIGWILL membership. They include:
- Access to knowledgeable and dynamic presentations dealing with different aspects of research in the British Isles.
- Support and networking for beginner and advanced researchers.
- Our own bimonthly newsletter to keep you up-to-date on events and resources which can help your research.
- The BIGWILL Register, a growing database where you can publicize surnames for time periods you are searching in the British Isles. This helps other researchers know who and where you are researching. Non-members can also contribute to the BIGWILL Register (for a nominal fee).
Annual Dues ...
Membership is on a calendar year basis.
Checks and money orders for dues should be made payable to BIGWILL and sent to
- With emailed electronic newsletters: $25.00 for individual regular membership; $5.00 each for additional family members
- With printed/mailed paper newsletters: $34.00 for individual regular membership; $5.00 each for additional family members
- Charter members (persons who have been BIGWILL members continuously since 1993): $15.00
- Additional family members are entitled to vote in all membership matters, to submit surname lists and BIGWILL Register entries, and to receive member discounts as applicable, but do not receive any additional mailings or publications.
BIGWILL, ATTN: Membership Chair, PO Box 192, Richmond, IL 60071-0192.
Our Bylaws ...
... can be viewed here
How We Operate ...
... ROUGH DRAFT of our Policy and Procedures Manual Temporarily removed, as the Board of Directors decided a fresh start was needed for this document
Actions of the Board of Directors ...
Notes from membership meetings ...
BIGWILL is registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization; therefore contributions to the society may be deductible for income tax purposes.
There have been visitors to this page since 1 March 2000.
Return to the BIGWILL home page
This site is maintained by Rollie Littlewood
This page was last modified on 1 February 2017